Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Output/Export cart in different formats

Hello,

We have a number of customers that use our site for research and don't necessarily check out with their carts. What they would like to do is export the cart in various formats (i.e. Text File, Excel) or to actually email the cart contents to another department that would actually place the order (online or not). Does anyone have any experience in trying this?

Thank you for any ideas,

Albert
asked Apr 25, 2014 in MultiStore by albert_tf (250 points)
Excellent!

I forgot to mention that they asked for multiple carts/lists also. Some customers use different budgets and need to keep items in seperate lists, so this will be very helpful!

Thank you,

Albert
Albert, that sounds very similar to what we are developing. We should be able to turn it into an add-on if ever interested. Feel free to get in touch with me directly.

If you plan to tackle this project in house, I suggest testing Amazon's site, they do a very nice job. Again, keep in mind, there is no list segregation on Amazon.

1 Answer

0 votes

Sounds like a Request for Quote kind of add-on?  We are about to roll it out :-)

Albert, if you like, we could set it up for you at a discounted price as a reference etc?

Thank you,
Jan

Compunix, LLC (Phoenix, AZ)
AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner and Reseller since 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 AspDotNetStorefront add-ons and plugins : http://www.ecommercecartmods.com
 Complete Automotive Solution : http://www.autopartsshoppingcart.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
answered Apr 25, 2014 by jsimacek (6,655 points)