Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Change the "Check Out Now" button?

I'm a store owner, with the most basic programming expertise. I'm using version 9.4.0.0.

When my buyers open the first page of the check-out, there are two nice, big, colorful and attractive PayPal Check-Out buttons, and above them, a very plain button that says "Check Out Now." I've found that some customers are abandoning carts at this point because they want to use their own cards, and not PayPal. They misunderstand that all they need to do is  click "Check Out Now," and are not required to select one of the two PayPal options.

I want to change the "Check Out Now" button. Where should I have my programmers look to change that button text to "Check out using your credit card," or some other suitable text, and/or insert a different graphic for the check-out button?
asked Sep 17, 2014 in MultiStore by singproinc (195 points)

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
Hello there,

You should be able to change yourself, as this item is a String Resource.  In admin, go to Content menu, String Resource Mgr link.  Search for "checkout now" or this resource: shoppingcart.cs.111

This should change the text.

Changing the graphic look of this button would be done through CSS styling in the stylesheet.  I believe it has a class name something like "CheckoutNowButton".

Hope this helps!
answered Sep 17, 2014 by pligon (1,750 points)
selected Sep 17, 2014 by singproinc
Yes!!!! The button resizes to fit the text. Much better. Thanks!!
+1 vote
If you are talking about the shopingcart page then editing the StringResource of shoppingcart.cs.111

You can edit a StringResource by hovering over the menu. Navagation wize this is Configuration > Localization > String Resource Mgr. Once on the String Resource Mgr search for shoppingcart.cs.111. The edit the shoppingcart.cs.111 StringResource.
answered Sep 17, 2014 by mmcgeachy (4,070 points)
And, it's a tie for the best response. This worked really well; just what it needed! Thanks!