Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

StoreURL Location

Hello!

I am having a problem with the admin new order notification. Sometimes when it sens the link to the receipt will be

www.mydomain.com/receipt.aspx?ordernumber=132224&customerid=

and other times it will be this:

mydomain.com/receipt.aspx?ordernumber=132224&customerid=

I need it to always be 

mydomain.com/receipt.aspx?ordernumber=132224&customerid=

I have taken a look at notification.adminneworder.xml.config however the spot the link is generated show this:

<a href="{/root/System/StoreUrl}receipt.aspx?ordernumber={/root/Runtime/ordernumber}&amp;customerid={customerid}">View online receipt</a>

Where can I find /root/System/StoreUrl so I can see what information is being grabbed.

Thanks!

asked Oct 23, 2015 in MultiStore by jvBuyMBS (110 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
That data is added to the XmlPackage context in the XmlPackage2.cs class, in ASPDNSFCore (source code required).

Rather than trying to modify how that URL is generated though, which is something you'll have to carry forward through upgrades in the future, I'd recommend trying to figure out why the URL is different sometimes.  At a guess, I'd suspect it has to do with whether or not the customer was browsing your site with www in the URL.  You could experiment with that, and if it turns out to be true you could use an IIS redirect rule to make sure customers always hit the site without www, and avoid having to modify core code.
answered Oct 26, 2015 by Vortx ScottS (13,380 points)