Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

IIS Web Garden / When enabling State Server for session storage, we get serialization errors

When I set ASP.NET to use StateServer

<sessionState cookieless="UseCookies" mode="StateServer" timeout="20"/>

Some pages error out because some of the ASPDNSF objects are not serializable:

SerializationException: Type 'AspDotNetStorefrontCore.KitProductData' in Assembly 'AspDotNetStorefrontCore, Version=9.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.]

I'm not sure if this is something specific to the customzations for our site or not. (I'm new to the project...)

Is there a patch or something I can apply to make the ASPDNSF objects serialzable?

My overal goal is to enable my site to run as a "Web Garden" (multiple worker processes) - on a machine with many cores. When I load test the machine now, it fails to go above 15-20% CPU, no matter how many requests I throw at it, it just queues them up, and they get slower and slower.

asked Jan 7, 2016 in MultiStore by jt55401 (110 points)
edited Jan 11, 2016 by jt55401
I honestly don't have many configs like this but checking version 9.4.0.0 full stock code (the version was hidden by the wrap). With also having the sessionState set to above with a application pool set to the maxiumum of two worker processes. I don't run this issue in my testing. So given that I would lean to a custmization causing the issue.

Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to answer this question.