Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Our Shopping Cart has 2 "Checkout Now" buttons, we'd like to remove 1 of them, is that possible?

Our Shopping Cart has 2 "Checkout Now" buttons - one at the top of the page and one at the bottom - we'd like to remove 1 of them, is that possible?

We are noticing that customers aren't scrolling down to enter their promo code and/or order notes because there is a "Checkout Now" button located at the very top of the page. We'd like to force them to scroll down the page in order to checkout so they see where they can enter promo codes and order notes.

Is it possible to remove the top "Checkout Now" button from the Shopping Cart page?
asked Aug 17, 2016 in MultiStore by laurapaasch (170 points)
I just changed my cart a month or so ago to have the buttons at the top.  I discovered that mobile devices have to scroll too far to get to the cart button at the bottom.  I would ponder your decision carefully before removing the top one.

My case and point is... Look at the biggest ecommerce cart in the world, Amazon, where is thier button?

1 Answer

0 votes
That's possible, but it's going to take a little (fairly simple) development work.  It'll vary a bit by the version you're running, but for most recent 9x versions the ID for that button is 'btnCheckOutNowTop'.  You'll want to have your developer remove or comment that out from shoppingcart.aspx, and then go through the codebehind file (shoppingcart.aspx.cs) and remove/comment out references to that button.  There are a few other buttons in that area on the page that may or may not display depending on your site config that they may want to deal with as well.

Something to think about - it's usually not considered a great idea to force your customers to scroll down on a page to find the action they're after.  Some customers will be confused if what they're after is 'below the fold' and just give up, rather than looking around.  It'll vary a lot by your site's design, your customer base, etc, but it might be preferable to put a note near the button you're wanting to remove instead - "Have a promo code?  Scroll down!" or something along those lines.  Maybe make the change you're after to begin with, then keep an eye on analytics and see if your conversion rates drop.
answered Aug 17, 2016 by Vortx ScottS (13,500 points)
Very good point, thank you so much!