Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Show Coupon Discount on Cart Page

We use AspDotNetStorefront 9.5.1 and I'm curious if there is a way to show the discount on the cart page once the coupon is applied?
asked Feb 24 in MultiStore by totalnoob (225 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Some discount types will show on the cart page, but for the most part they won't show until checkout.  That's intentional, since so many factors of promotions haven't been decided yet by the cart page, or may change - shipping method, logged in customer, final total, etc.
answered Feb 24 by Vortx ScottS (12,270 points)
Is there a reasoning behind what discount types do show on the cart page?

We're running a deal right now where you can buy 10 of a specific product for $40 off and that one doesn't show up when the coupon code is entered in the cart. We're concerned that customers will be confused and think the coupon code didn't work when they don't see a change in the total. I'm sure some will despite the success code that shows up by the coupon code input field.
I just noticed that it's doing this on product quantity discounts in version 9.5.1.

It shows the discount on the line item subtotal for the product but the order subtotal does not show the discount until the payment page.

I'm sure that some of my customers will abandon the shopping cart before they even get to the payment page because they'll be thinking they're not gettting the advertised quantity discount.

Also, I have a PayPal express checkout button that is in the shopping cart which means they won't even see the payment page.

Is there a work around for this, I need to have quantity discount prices shown in the actual shopping cart.