Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Paypal Express setup - Getting "Error: [10002] Security header is not valid" at checkout.

Hello,

I'm getting the following error during checkout and was wondering if anyone knows how to go about fixing this.

I only have Paypal Express (on aspdotnetstorefront version. 10.0.2)

"Error: [10002] Security header is not valid"

I logged in to my paypal and supplied the correct values for api password, login / key etc..

Also, i'm not using any other gateway.  It's already configured for SSL.  

Currently it's in test mode.   Was wondering if there is some special sandbox configuration i need.  The document didn't have any info on sandbox testing configs etc..

Please let me know.
asked Mar 29 in MultiStore by vultureds (495 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

That message comes back from PayPal, and almost always means the creds are just wrong.  Often that's a mismatch between live/test creds.  If the site's in test mode, you need test PayPal creds.  If it's in live mode, live creds.

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1030&actp=LIST

answered Mar 29 by Vortx ScottS (12,270 points)
selected Mar 29 by vultureds
Thanks this helped.   creds were wrong.