Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Google Dynamic Remarketing ecomm_prodid

Hi - I am enabling Google Dynamic Remarketing in MultiStore 9.5.1.0. The built-in remarketing tags work well. However, I need to change the ecomm_prodid format. According to the aspdotnetstorefront manual:

The default format is "{ProductID}-{VariantID}--". This matches the default product identifier format from DotFeed.

Google Dynamic Remarketing pulls the item directly from the Google Shopping feed. We do not use the DotFeed for our Google Shopping feed. The productid in our feed is the SKU number. So, per the manual instructions, I have changed the value of Google.DynamicRemarketing.ProductIdentifierFormat from {ProductID}-{VariantID}-- to  {FullSKU}.

However, Google does not recognize the FullSKU identifier. Is the FullSKU formated correctly? Or is there something I should do to our product feed to match the ecomm_prodid format from ASPDotNetStorefront?

The following is the error message provided by Google:

The tag is active but we found some issues with your custom parameters.
!Custom parameter "ecomm_prodid" and Merchant Center feed values don't match
Values for "ecomm_prodid" should match item identifiers in your Merchant Center feed.
The value of the "ecomm_prodid" parameter being passed to the remarketing tag is incorrect. Your tag's "ecomm_prodid" value needs to match either the "id" of the product in the connected Google Merchant Center account. 

asked Apr 4 in MultiStore by Bartman (120 points)

Hi - thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to see what value is generated in ecomm_prodid. After several attempts, I could not get the {FullSKU} value to match what is in the feed. However, I did come up with a solution that worked......

Instead of using {FullSKU}, I changed the setting of ' Google.DynamicRemarketing.ProductIdentifierFormat' to {ProductID}, added a new column in the datafeed called 'display_ads_id' and manually populated the feed with the appropriate Product ID numbers from ASPDNSF.

1 Answer

0 votes
In testing what value do you see in ecomm_prodid? Does this macth exactly what you see for the product id in merchant center? The g:id in a xml feed when summited to google if you need another name for this field. If they don't macth then the format needs to change to macth the id value submitted to google.
answered Apr 5 by mmcgeachy (3,350 points)

Hi - thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to see what value is generated in ecomm_prodid. After several attempts, I could not get the {FullSKU} value to match what is in the feed. However, I did come up with a solution that worked...... 

Instead of using {FullSKU}, I changed the setting of ' Google.DynamicRemarketing.ProductIdentifierFormat' to {ProductID}, added a new column in the datafeed called 'display_ads_id' and manually populated the feed with the appropriate Product ID numbers from ASPDNSF.

Glad you found a soltion. Macthing the display_ads_id works just as well.

As to how to find the ecomm_prodid  this would be found in html ouput on your site in a javascript when near the closing body tag when viewing a Product, checkout or order comfirmation. With remarketing enabled of course.
thanks! Actually, I did try that previously, but was never able to see it. My html output only shows:

ecomm_prodid: '',

Perhaps this is because the majority of our products are kits? I finally realized that the non-kit products do actually show the ecomm_prodid in the html, but kits do not.

Thanks for the follow up!
Looking at the base code it looks very possible that kits would not show a remarketing javascript. Since kitproduct.aspx.cs doesn't set a pagetype.

There is also the issue of  total value may not macth defualt configuration options. Mainly if the defaults options have a price greater than zero. Which can be tackled but will take more work to get kit prices with defualts.