Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Version 10.0.0.x Order Testing, can't Void or Refund

We are a hair's-breadth away from releasing, and doing order testing, and I'm finding that the Refund action doesn't seem to submit when I click the "submit" button for an order. Also, there is no Void option. The manual seems to indicate that void should be an option. When I try the refund, the page just flashes/reloads quickly with no confirmation or error. Our payment processor doesn't show any refund request either. Am I missing something here, before I put a ticket in?
asked Apr 24 in MultiStore by firemecca (140 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
Hello!

The part about the Refund action not doing anything does not sound right so definitely submit a ticket for that, but the lack of VOID does sound correct. V10 we modified some of the criteria for VOID, REFUND and Mark As Void/Refund to work with all gateways appropriately.

http://help.aspdotnetstorefront.com/manual/1000/default.aspx?pageid=order_processing (read about the behavior toward the bottom of the page)

You may find conflicting info in the manual as we still need some updating in there.
answered Apr 24 by Vortx Erik (3,430 points)
0 votes
Check up around the address bar in your browser when you click the Refund button, and see if you're getting a pop-up blocked alert.  The refund function opens a new window, which some browsers prevent until you tell them to allow it on that site.
answered Apr 24 by Vortx ScottS (13,010 points)
The refund page was, indeed, getting blocked, thanks.

We have our payment method set to AUTH CAPTURE. In 9.3.1, we could VOID as long as it was before the processor processed the captured payment (for us, around the end of the business day). It looks like VOID is only supported for non-CAPTURED orders now, if I read that page correctly.