Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Updating Customer LocalSetting in Global.asax

To provide some context this question relates to the question posted here https://forums.vortx.com/?qa=4212/how-can-i-easily-switch-between-locales-for-the-end-user.

Is it possible to safely load/update the customer object (ThisCustomer) within Global.asax 's  Application_BeginRequest event? The idea is to change the locale based on a url args change mentioned in the related question.
asked May 23 in MultiStore by RIFT (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
It should be OK on older versions.  When you upgrade to v10 and MVC that's not going to work anymore, but there are some other MVC approaches you'll be able to use then.
answered May 23 by Vortx ScottS (13,180 points)
Thanks for the reply! Great!

How would I go about accessing the customer object from within that event. Do you happen to have a code example I can follow?

Thanks