Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Department xml package is not being rendered on mobile site

Hi, I am under MS 9.4.0.0.

I have started a similar thread earlier today, but I decided make a "simplified" version of it. Here it goes.

When I create Topics for our store I just write two versions of the same xml package with the same name, being one version for the skin 1 (full site) and another version for the skin 2 (mobile site) and then I put each one in the respective xmlpackage folder. Then I point the topic to that package name, and depending on if I am at computer or at mobile it will show the proper site and render the proper package. OK. I do this for years and it never was a problem.

Today I tried to do something similar but with a Department. Then I created the department and pointed it to the xml package, etc, etc. However I noticed that it only will see the xml package at the skin 1 and it totally ignores my xml package at the skin 2. And worse: it simply won't render ANY package for the Department created on the skin 2. Then in the mobile site it only shows the name of the department and no one contents.

I would expect that it at least rendered the xml package of the skin 1 that is defined in the main tab of the Department.

How can I solve this?

Thanks!
closed with the note: I found the solution and nobody seemed to be interested, therefore I imagined that it's not a a common problem.
asked Aug 11 in MultiStore by Yan Kleber (960 points)
closed Aug 14 by Yan Kleber