Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Promotion/Coupon confusion/question on discount per manufacturer/products

Multistore 9.5.1.0/9.5.1.0

I'm trying to create a promotion code that will give 10% off with a $500 purchase and have it only apply to a specific brand.

They must purchase $500 of this specific brand to get the 10% off discount. I can get the discount applied to products of that brand in the cart but can't get the $500 minimum of that brand to apply. 

If I put in the code it looks at the subtotal of the entire cart, ignoring the what brand of items are in the cart. 
If I put $30 of my specific brand in the cart and lots of other stuff that brings the total over $500 then the discount is being applied. That is NOT what I want. They must have at least $500 of a specific manufacturer and/or list of products.

asked Aug 23 in MultiStore by David G (350 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
There's no way to do that 'out of the box'.  Those Promo Requirements sections on the promo aren't cumulative, they're all evaluated individually.  If products from that manufacturer are in the cart, then that one passes.  If the subtotal is high enough, that one passes, and so on.

That could be done with customization if you have the source code and a developer to help with that, but the promotion logic can be pretty intimidating.  If you have that change made, make sure you test it pretty thoroughly.
answered Aug 23 by Vortx ScottS (12,950 points)