Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

MaxMenuSize when using Responsive Template - how to change from default 12

I have responsive template in V10.3 and dynamice menu defaults to 12 links. In the skin/xml folder the entitylinklist.xml does not allow for manually specifying the links to display with the dynamic menu provided. In Configuration the Setting tab filtering "MaxMenuSize" is preset to 25 and seems to have no affect. Anyone know where this is controled? THX
asked Oct 20 in MultiStore by MCF (140 points)
reshown Oct 23 by MCF

1 Answer

0 votes

For the entitylinklist XML package, the number of links to show is determined in the topic it's called from.  In most of our 'stock' skins, that's the 0-template-top-nav topic, which you can edit in the admin console.  Make sure you're editing the topic in HTML mode, and you'll be able to see where that's set:

(!xmlpackage name="entitylinklist.xml.config" entityname="category" numberoflinkstoshow="12" entityid="0" columns="2"!)

answered Oct 20 by Vortx ScottS (13,240 points)
Ah.... I seem to like harder answers, scoured XML for hard coded values and it never occured to me it would be dynamic to a Topic. THX