Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How can I rearrange the order of products on a collate?

I am new to this community and to the tech world, but searching the forums I did not see what I was looking for.

I'm looking to have the order of our products on our collates be in the order of our SKU number. I looked through this forum and aspdotnetstorefront and could not find a solution. Any help would be appreciated even if its not possible, knowing that would be nice as well.
asked Oct 26 in MultiStore by spicesincmatt (110 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
I'm not sure what you mean by 'on a collate'?  Are you talking about entity pages, like categories?  You can control the order products are listed in on those pages by editing the Display Order.  Where that appears in the admin console varies a bit by version.
answered Oct 26 by Vortx ScottS (13,240 points)
Not quite, after I made that post I realized that it only made sense to me and it wouldn't make any sense to anyone else but I was halfway home. What I meant was, we print out the orders and call them "collates" its basically a receipt for the customer. When we print them out, the products are in the order of what the customer did. Meaning the order the customer put the products into their cart is the order that they appear on the collate. Is there a way to have the order of the products be by SKU number rather than the order they were put into the cart.
If you're only worried about the receipt, then that's not too complicated.  You'll need to edit the XmlPackage named in the 'XmlPackage.OrderReceipt' Setting (notification.receipt.xml.config by default).  There's a query ear the top called 'OrderItems' - you'd just need to change the ORDER BY clause in that query.