Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Color Swatch OnChange issue.

I'm runnning AspDotNetStoreFront Multistore 9.3.0.0 on your servers.

I have uploaded several products into the system using the Large Multi-Image Manager.  I accidentally in the beginning uploaded my variant colors horizontally instead of vertically. To remedy the situation I have gone in and deleted the images (Horizontally max of 10) in all three Multi-Image Manger links (Large, Medium, and Icon).  I have also gone and deleted any Color Swatch that might have been generated.  I have then re-uploaded the colors correctly using the Large Multi-Image Manager matching the color swatch to the variant vertically.  

Once done everything appears okay except the image won't change when a color is selected from the drop down.  I notice that if I upload a product correctly from the beginning the follow code shows up on the color drop down on the site:

<select size="1" id="Color_97_196" name="Color_97_196" onchange="setcolorpic_97(this.value);">
<option value="-,-">Color</option>
<option value="1,1">1</option>
<option value="1B,1B">1B</option>
</select>

For the products that were not uploaded correctly from the beginning I get this code for the drop down on the site:

<select size="1" id="Color_167_266" name="Color_167_266" onchange="">
<option value="-,-">Color</option>
<option value="1,1">1</option>
<option value="1B,1B">1B</option>
<option value="2,2">2</option>
</select>

The difference is the onchange, which I have highlighted.  Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete the item and redo?  I praying for an easy fix.

Sincerely,
Danny

asked Nov 27, 2013 in MultiStore by dmitsios (145 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Danny -

Is your site publicly available that you can share a link to the product pages where you are seeing this?

Do you have one variant setup for this product and then are you using the color option on the variants tab to setup the available colors?

Do you have the same Display Format XML package being used for both products?  Have you made any changes to the XML package?

Thanks,

Lori McDonald
Brilliance Business Solutions
http://www.brillianceweb.com/technologies/aspdotnetstorefront
AspDotNetStorefront Preferred Development Partner

answered Nov 27, 2013 by bbs_lmcdonald (2,330 points)

The site isn't public but on your servers right now.  

I am using the variant setup using the color option on the variants tab setup as instructed in your manual.

I have not altared the XML packages.

On the flip side I found a ghetto fix.  If I go to the Main tab, and change the Display Format XmlPackage to another xml option and click update.  Then go back to the Display Format XmlPackage and change it back to the product.simpleproduct.xml.config and click update; it fixes the problem.

So I guess I found a solution but still bizarre.

What do you think?  And as always thanks for your help.

OK.  Just to be clear - I don't work for Vortx.  I own a web development company that is a developmernt partner with AspDotNetStorefront and we do a lot of work on this platform.

That is strange that flipping the XML Package worked.

It makes me wonder - have you tried resetting the cache? (button on the top right of the admin area).

Let me know if that makes a difference for you at all.

Lori McDonald
Brilliance Business Solutions
http://www.brillianceweb.com/technologies/aspdotnetstorefront
AspDotNetStorefront Preferred Development Partner

I forgot to mention that I did reset the cache before attempting the XMLpackage change.  

I know it sounds odd.

Danny
0 votes
I have a similar problem  My site is live.  The item has several colors.  When I add them to the cart the correct color appears in the cart, but I cannot get it to display the swatches in the product listing.  I have tried 4 different xml packages.  This item only has one varient.

http://www.vacshack.com/p-1411-blueair-sense.aspx
answered Nov 9 by Fuhrman (300 points)