Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

I am trying to do this with promos but the any option of Enable Product Requiremnt not working

I have 4 products I need to include in this promo. I want the requirement to be if any 2 are selected, they both receive a 25% discount.

If I only have 2 products and set the prod requirement to all with quantity 1 it works.

But when I include 4 products and set the prod requirement to any it won't work, no matter what I set quantity to.

Any ideas?

Figured it out - just needed more promos - one for each combo of products then require all products with quantity set to 1
asked Apr 18, 2014 in MultiStore by brownroof (205 points)
Congrats on figuring that one out. We ended up setting up implementing a third party add-on to enable cross-product promotions.

It may be helpful to the community at large if you posted your solution as an answer to this question, that way we can all benefit.

1 Answer

0 votes
I had to setup a separate promotion for each combination of products.

For instance. Assume there are 4 products: prod1, prod2, prod3 and prod4

We want to provide a discount for purchasing multiple products. Our discount worked out to be 25% off 2 products, 32% off 3 products, and 36% off 4 products.

I setup the promos as:

priority - 4 prods = priority 1, 3 prods = priority 2, 2 prods = priority 3  

promo status - check active

Discount description message - Discounted!

Product Discount alert - Special Offer!

auto applied - check (make the promo take affect based on selection of prods without customer having to do anything)

Setup Promo Discount - check discount applicable line items, discount type = percentage, discount amount = % from above

Select Promo Requirements - check enable product requirement, check list of relevant products, require = all, require quantity = 1  (this means that all the products in your list must be in the cart 1 time)

Then I just made sure my name reflected the prod/discount combo to keep it all straight

Buy2p1p2  (priority 3, discount 25%, product list {prod1, prod2}, require all, quantity 1)

Buy2p1p3 (priority 3, discount 25%, product list {prod1, prod3}, require all, quantity 1)

Buy2p1p4 (priority 3, discount 25%, product list {prod1, prod4}, require all, quantity 1)

Buy2p2p3 (priority 3, discount 25%, product list {prod2, prod3}, require all, quantity 1)

etc (there are 6 combos of 2 products)

Buy3p1p2p3 (priority 2, discount 32%, product list {prod1, prod2, prod3}, require all, quantity 1)

Buy3p1p3p4 (priority 2, discount 32%, product list {prod1, prod3, prod4}, require all, quantity 1)

etc (there are 4 combos of 3 products)

Buy4 (priority 1, discount 36%, product list {prod1, prod2, prod3, prod4}, require all, quantity 1)

Plus - I included the promoted products in the upsell products for each product being promoted - (manage products - select product 1: include p2, p3, p4 as upsell products on the options tab, select product 2: include p1, p3, p4 as upsell products on the options tab, etc)

And I also added a banner at the top of the image and crossed out the price in the upsell product box of the shopping cart to highlight that adding more products results in a discounted price

I hope this helps.
answered Jun 25, 2014 by brownroof (205 points)
edited Jun 25, 2014 by brownroof