Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Image text change functionality

Hello All,

I am facing following issue:

In my store, I have some product where customer can write custom messages. For that,  I need to change the text of the product image. On textchange event I need to show the custome message.Please check the following link to better understand my requirement :

http://dalebrookonline.com/p-4520-black-with-gold-print-premium-fish-ticket-86x54mm-pack-of-10.aspx

Q.  Do anybody have any idea about it?

Q. I need to send mail to the customer contains the product image. Can u please let me know how to add the functionality?

Thanks in advance,

Bikash

asked Apr 23, 2014 in MultiStore by bikashm (760 points)
edited Apr 23, 2014 by bikashm

1 Answer

0 votes
Bikash,

The link seems to lead to a functional implementation. The product image is changing when typing in a company name. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Sincerely,
Robert
answered Apr 23, 2014 by Robert (3,440 points)
Hello Robert,

Thanks for your replay.

I need the same functionality, actually we would like to offer our customer to visualize the  product before order it.

Can u please let me know what is the right way to create such functionality ?

Thanks,

Bikash

Bikash,

It seem slike they are simply using javascript to append the text into a div. The div content is being updated, as the user types into the textbox.

Robert

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your replay.

I have completed the functionality on another test solution but how can i implement it on the corresponding page? As I know that the product page is basically xml package product.SimpleProduct.xml.config .So what should I do for the jquery implementation on xml package?

Thanks,

Bikash
Bikash,

That's going to require a little more in depth analysis, and development, to determine and acheive your specific requirements.

For example:

1) do you want to save the image, so it will display on cart summary pages (shopping cart, checkout, etc.)
2) should it be stored with the order (the image)?

Yes, it would be a good idea to start with the XmlPackage. You may need to edit or create custom XSLT functions/methods to assist you.

Robert
Hello Robert,

Thanks for your replay.

I don’t have much idea about XML package. Can u please suggest me some link (I have already downloaded manual but there is no discussion about XSLT).

Can u please let me know :

Q.How to add textbox and jquery into xml package ?

Thanks,

Bikash