Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Google Analytics on 9.1.1

I upgraded our Google analytics to Universal recently. Before doing so I confirmed with google that legacy tracking would still function with the upgraded account.

Set up with the information here http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-1035-google-analytics-and-ecommerce-tracking.aspx no data is being collected. This should allow us to track everything except the universal specific metrics, but it doesn’t do anything.

When I replace this code in template.master with the code from google (analytics.js code) the tracking functions again, but the ecommerce data isn’t being collected.

I’m at a loss because Vortex claims it should be working just fine and google says it should be working just fine... we also use PayPal for checkout and it's a known issue that PayPal can cause it to track unreliably.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
closed with the note: Issue resolved
asked Jun 2, 2014 in MultiStore by Eric_Miller (215 points)
closed Jun 4, 2014 by Eric_Miller
We had this issue also. Ours was that we had two sets of code firing off to Google. Just some questions

How many sites are you running?

What are your app config settings regarding Google?

Is the code already setup on your orderconfirmation.aspx page?

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Thanks for the reply Skriver.

The issue was the skin token format I was using. I must have copied one that was pre 9.x.
answered Jun 4, 2014 by Eric_Miller (215 points)