Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Fix notification xml config to send proper tracking information.

For years now I have been operating where the email sent to the customer has a tracking number but it does not have the carrier or the actual link for the tracking in it.  I know at one time it defaulted to say the item was shipped via UPS but we deleted the "UPS" from the email because it confused customers.  We ship both FedEx and USPS.

Also note that we have fixed shipping prices and do not give the customer the choice of carrier.  We choose the carrier and post the carrier, shipping method, and tracking number back to the website via T-hub by Atandra..

I have fired my web guy for this reason among others.  Problem is, I dont know how to fix it either.  I am pasteing the code from the xml package below.  Can anyone help me fix this.  

When we do ship an order, the link appears on the admin side so I know that t is being generated i just dont know how to set up the email so it appear there also.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Steve

asked Jul 8, 2014 in MultiStore by Fuhrman (300 points)

<xsl:choose>

<xsl:when test="count(/root/Order/OrderInfo) > 0">
                      <div style="font:normal 10pt Arial;color:;#000080;">
                        <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.1')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />&#0160;<xsl:value-of select="/root/Order/OrderInfo/OrderNumber" /> &#0160;<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.2')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />&#0160;<xsl:value-of select="/root/Order/OrderInfo/ShippedVIA" />.<br />
                        <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.3')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />&#0160;<xsl:value-of select="/root/Order/OrderInfo/ShippingTrackingNumber" /><br /><br />
                        <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.4')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />&#0160;<a href="{$StoreURL}">
                          <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:AppConfig($StoreId, 'StoreName')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                        </a>.<br/><br/>
                      </div>
                        <strong>
                          <a href="{$StoreURL}">
                            <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:AppConfig($StoreId, 'StoreName')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                          </a>&#0160;<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.5')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                        </strong>
                      </div>
                      <p>
                        <font face="Arial" size="1">
                          <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.6')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                        </font>
                      </p>
                      <p>&#0160;</p>
                    </xsl:when>
                    <xsl:otherwise>
                        <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.1')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />&#0160;9999999&#0160;<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.2')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />&#0160;GROUND.<br />
                        <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('notification.shipped.3')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />&#0160;1234567<br /><br />
                        <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('mailingtest.aspx.10')"/>:&#160;<xsl:value-of select="/root/System/Date"/>&#160;<xsl:value-of select="/root/System/Time"/>
                        <br/><br/>
                      </div>
                        <strong>

1 Answer

0 votes

Hmm, which cart version is this for/on? Do a search for  ShippingTracking  in AppConfigs and make sure those are correct?

Thank you,
Jan

Compunix, LLC (Phoenix, AZ)
AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner and Reseller since 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 AspDotNetStorefront add-ons and plugins : http://www.ecommercecartmods.com
 Complete Automotive Solution : http://www.autopartsshoppingcart.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
answered Jul 8, 2014 by jsimacek (6,805 points)
Thanks Jan,  

9.4.0.0 it was migrated form 8 just a short time ago but it didnt work right in the old version either.

The best I can tell app configs are correct.

I am hoping someone can compare it to brand new out of the bax code and see what has been cut from it to mess it up.

I'm guessing, with the upgrade, you did transfer the new notification XmlPackages correct?

Actually, just checking the code and I don't see the shipping notification Xmlpackage getting the dynamic links based on the AppConfigs mentioned above, those are for account etc pages only!

If I'm not mistaken, this might need a customization!

Thank you,
Jan

I assume once upon a time he tried to customize it and failed, but that is an assumption.  Does the shipping notification work with out of the box software?  Does it send tracking numbers as links to the customer automatically without customization?  

If so, where do I get an unmolested copy of the file?

Sorry, see my edited reply above...I checked the code and it looks like the shipping notification in the cart does not contain direct links to the carriers, just the tracking code. However, the links in the account page and order history do have the full carrier links...

In conclusion, this would be a customization (to have the shipping notification have direct links) from what I can see. Contact me at  jsimacek @ compunix.us for a quick quote on this!

Thank you,
Jan