Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Smartcheckout.aspx not working.

I get this below error on Smartcheckout.aspx when trying to checkout.

The base class includes the field 'BillingAddressUKEdit1', but its type (VortxControls_BillingAddressEdit) is not compatible with the type of control (ASP.opccontrols_addresses_billingaddressukedit_ascx).

The error is in this page 

/weblive9.2/OPCControls/PaymentForms/CreditCardAndBillingAddress.ascx where it is trying to use BillingAddressUKEdit.ascx control.

Any help is appreciated.

asked Jul 29, 2014 in Smart One Page Checkout by sapnachy (160 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

From the look of your error path I'd say you are using 9200? If so, there is an issue with setting Vortx.OnePageCheckout.AddressLocale to UK that will throw an error.

You will want to set that to US until such time that you can upgrade to 9.3.1.1 or newer (currently on 9.4.2.0 and working on 9.5.0.0)

You can change the string resources as desired to make up the difference for the most part, and note that the State/Province (typically County for you) is still required although it isn't for your postal addresses.

Also be sure Vortx.OnePageCheckout.UseZipcodeService is FALSE. It is broken in the older versions and does not work for UK.

answered Jul 30, 2014 by Vortx Erik (3,670 points)
Sure, we will test it fully. I have no idea on that either. There is no other customisation other than the vibe promo module which I rolled back. Everything else is out of the box. Let us see, how it deals after having the license.

Thanks a lot for  you response.

Hi, After getting the the license key I get this error. 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   OPCControls_CreditCardAndBillingAddress.SetModel(PaymentMethodBaseModel model) +166
   VortxControls_PaymentMethodSelector.SetModel(IPaymentModel model) +743
   Vortx.OnePageCheckout.OPCControls_OnePageCheckout.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +6581
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +189
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3177

In versions prior to 9400 the Credit Card method must be selected as one of the options. This is the error you get if Credit Card is not selected as a payment method.
Starting to see a trend here? 9200 is not nearly as solid as 9400+

We have been making every version more reliable than the previous. Of course new bugs surface as we expand the cart with each new version, but the total count is diminishing.
But how do I select the credit card if I am not even able to load the page?

Also, should it give a user freindly message instead of throughing unhandled error. Anyways, I am not able to load this page "SmartCheckout.aspx"