Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Display product categories or submanufacturers in "Related Products."

Is there a way to have the "Related Products" for a product display a sub-manufacturer rather than an individual product? For example, if you had a drill, and you wanted the related products to show dnrill bts, do you have to only show individual drill bits or could you show a sub-manufacturer that would contain all the different drill bits compatible with that drill in their different sizes?
asked Oct 15, 2013 in MultiStore by JacobOPT (180 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Jacob, this would require a custom modification where it could take the manufacturer of the product being viewed and bring in other products of that manufacturer (or any other custom loading logic you need)...
answered Oct 15, 2013 by jsimacek (6,865 points)
I already ahve that modification, and it is not really what I am looking for. What I want to do is ahve an item (bosch drill) and under related products display a submanufacturer (bosch drill bits) instead of having to post a specific drill bit (3/4" x 18" SDS-PLUS HC2014). At the same tiem I do not want to lose my ability to put indidual products (different bosch drill) in the related products.
I see, so bring in products that are mapped to the child manufacturer (Bosch drill bits) of the viewed product's manufacturer (Bosch drill)? - all in addition to the current functionality? This could be done by updating the related products XmlPackage/Stored Procedure depending on what current customizations you already have.

Email me Jan at jsimacek at compunix.us for a quote!