Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Error when trying to view customer

Erik at Vortx suggested that I post this to the board - so here goes:

First, this is only happening with 1 specific customer.  It also happens to be the customer that has the most lifetime orders with our company.

Go to View/Edit Customers / Search by Customer ID or name

I can view the orders but if I click on the customer name or customer ID I get an error page and a link to the System Log. (Error msg below)

I can get to her account via Phone Order Entry - but cannot get to the Edit Customer page via View/Edit Customers or View/Edit Orders

I have tried numerous other customers without any problem - it seems to be isolated to this 1 customer.

We just upgraded last weekend from 8ML to 9.4.0 - but I cannot say it is due to the upgrade as I haven't really had a need to access her account for any reason, until yesterday.

She has placed orders since the upgrade without issue on the website end.

Any help or insight is appreciated - thanks.

Error Msg to follow:

Page URL:/Colorado/customers.aspx
Source:Telerik.Web.UI
Message:Value of 'OMMITTEDis not valid for 'SelectedDate'. 'SelectedDate' should be between 'MinDate' and 'MaxDate'.
Parameter name: SelectedDate
Stack Trace:
at Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker.set_SelectedDate(Nullable`1 value)
at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.Admin_Controls_editcustomer.LoadCustomer()
at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.Admin_Controls_editcustomer.InitializeContent()
at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.Admin_Controls_editcustomer.InitializeControl()
at AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.Controls.CustomerGrid.grdCustomers_ItemCommand(Object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnItemCommand(GridCommandEventArgs e)
at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
at Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
asked Sep 11, 2014 in MultiStore by pennypatt (505 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Do you use Subscriptions? Reason I ask is the only RadDatePicker on the customer editor is for Subscriptions.

If you can edit the customers data via SQL queries try setting SubscriptionExpiresOn to null. See you can then load the customer in the editor. Then if needed edit the expire date to the correct value in the editor or another sql query.

If you don't want to this via sql then adding a try catch for the following code: txtSubscriptionExpires.SelectedDate = m_TargetCustomer.SubscriptionExpiresOn; is your 2nd option.
answered Sep 11, 2014 by mmcgeachy (5,045 points)
selected Sep 11, 2014 by pennypatt
I tried the SQL update on my staging site and it did not work.

It wouldn't let me update the value to 'NULL' so I tried '(space)'  and it reset the date from 2307-06-20 00:00:00.000    to  1900-01-01 00:00:00.000  

UPDATE [Customer]
     SET [SubscriptionExpiresOn] = ' '
     Where CustomerID ='69271'

Here's the new error:

Page URL:/admin/customers.aspx
Source:Telerik.Web.UI
Message:Value of '1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM' is not valid for 'SelectedDate'. 'SelectedDate' should be between 'MinDate' and 'MaxDate'.
Parameter name: SelectedDate
Stack Trace:
at Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker.set_SelectedDate(Nullable`1 value)
at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.Admin_Controls_editcustomer.LoadCustomer() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebTEST94\admin\controls\editcustomer.ascx.vb:line 1061
at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.Admin_Controls_editcustomer.InitializeContent() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebTEST94\admin\controls\editcustomer.ascx.vb:line 649
at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.Admin_Controls_editcustomer.InitializeControl() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebTEST94\admin\controls\editcustomer.ascx.vb:line 448
at AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.Controls.CustomerGrid.grdCustomers_ItemCommand(Object source, GridCommandEventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebTEST94\admin\controls\CustomerGrid.ascx.vb:line 150
at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnItemCommand(GridCommandEventArgs e)
at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
at Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Sorry, to answer your original question - we do not use Subscriptions.

Was the update sql error "Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string"? If so take out the quote marks around null. Making the update code:

UPDATE [Customer]
     SET [SubscriptionExpiresOn] = NULL
     Where CustomerID ='69271'

Also the date you updated to is not in RadDatePicker defualt date range. The defualt date range is 1980-2099 for RadDatePicker. Which is why you are still getting the same error.

It worked!!  Thank you.

Any idea why it only happened with that one customer?  Not that it matters - just curious.

I really appreciate the help,

Penny
Honetly since we don't use Subscriptions either nothing comes to mind as to why the date changed like that to begin with. I Just followed what given the error message was saying.