Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Using 9.4, can my users just get a 'Download Email' (with a link) and skip the 'My Downloads' page altogether?

I currently use MultiStore 9.4.0.0. I'd like the behavior for downloadable products to be like it was before 9.4. In other words, I want my users, upon purchase, to automatically receive a 'download email' (with a link to the product), rather than having to go to the My Downloads page. Is that possible? The reason I'm asking this is that in the Download Email, there are some specific instructions I need to tell the user about how to download (the products are located on Google Drive and users are often asked a few questions before download). If the user is forced to just go to the My Download area in his account, it does not seem I can give him those specific instructions. Thanks.

asked Jan 12, 2015 in MultiStore by tomdavey (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Tom,

You could leverage the existing email notification, which is sent upon release of the downloadable file.

Have a look at the "Topics" section : http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-1679-downloadable-products-msx9400.aspx

If one of the existing topics does not work out, you could always edit the xml package (notification.downloadreleased.xml.config).

Sincerely,
Robert

GoVedia - Enterprise AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner

answered Jan 12, 2015 by Robert (3,440 points)