Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Guided Navigation 9500 with Bootstrap Offcanvas makes page reload?

Hi!

I'm modifying entity.guidednavigationgrid.xml.config on my 9.5 test site to work better with the Bootstrap responsive skin. Among my changes, I made the search filters (using the two-column layout) into an off-canvas menu for small/mobile screens (using the script at http://getbootstrap.com/examples/offcanvas/.) It almost works... but when I click the toggle button to show the search-filter column, the whole page reloads and returns the left column to its default hidden state. The event appears to occur onclick, and as far as I can tell, the offcanvas script only changes a couple style classes and triggers a simple animation, so I'm not sure what's causing the whole page to reload. The issue does not seem to be in the guidednavigation.js; when I disable that script, the page still reloads on offcanvas toggle (and, of course, GuidedNav stops working.) I'm using the same offcanvas script & styles on a couple topic pages with no problems. Any ideas? I can DM the entity xml package if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks,

Bill
asked Feb 20, 2015 in Smart One Page Checkout by imbrognaphoto (260 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Fixed it... changed this

$(document).ready(function () {
  $('[data-toggle="offcanvas"]').click(function () {
    $('.row-offcanvas').toggleClass('active');
  });
});

to this

$(document).ready(function () {
  $('[data-toggle="offcanvas"]').click(function () {
    $('.row-offcanvas').toggleClass('active');
event.preventDefault();
  });
});

I'm so glad I don't do this for a living :)

answered Feb 20, 2015 by imbrognaphoto (260 points)