Hi, we are trying to create a Promtion in 9.5 for Buy 2 Get 1 Free. The Promotion works great when we add 2 required products, but if we add 4, it still only gifts 1 product instead of 2.
in MultiStore by (180 points)
Please post a screenshot of your promotion setup configuration. That will help the community identify any issues that may be causing this behavior.
I'm on an older version (9.2), so I'm not able to duplicate your settings in my environment. What happens if you switch the "All" requirement to "Any"?

That setting applies just in case you have more than one required Product, if you set it to ALL then all of the required products must be added to cart to be elegible for the Promotion, otherwise, if you select ANY, just 1 of the required products must be added to cart for the promotion to be applied. Anyway we also tried that (just in case) but it didn't work either.

Taken from the help site:

If Enable Product Requirement is checked, then the promotion will only apply discounts to the product(s) listed here. To add products, enter a search term and then check off the ones you want to apply to the promotion. The list can be set to require All (every checked product must be in the cart before the promotion will apply) or Any (as long as one checked product is in the cart the promotion will apply). If a value is set in the Require Quantity field, the customer would need to have that many of the required product(s) in the cart to obtain the discount.

Well, it was worth a shot. :-).

Nothing seems to be amiss with your settings, though it's possible that promotions like that will only trigger once per cart.

I recommend - if you haven't already - opening a support ticket directly with Vortx about it. Otherwise, you may have to wait for one of the big-hitters like Erik or Jan to weigh in on it here.

Based on what their own documentation states - manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-1518-promotions.aspx - I think this might be a logic error in the software that occurs when the qualifying quantity is greater than 1. If that is the case, then opening a ticket with Vortx support will be the only way to get this resolved.

1 Answer

0 votes

Based on what their documentation states - manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-1518-promotions.aspx - I think this might be a logic error in the software that occurs when the qualifying quantity is greater than 1.

If that is the case, then opening a ticket with Vortx support will be the only way to get this resolved.

by (3.7k points)