Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How do I add Wordpress to add a blog to my website?

I need to add a blog to my 9.3.1.0 website...any ideas on how I go about doing that?

Thanks for your help in advance!
asked Jun 15, 2015 in MultiStore by mycharmedlife (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Since the subject mentions wordpress. The 1st thing you will need to find out is if your hosting supports both PHP and mysql. After that it depends on how your host and your configuration is setup. If you are on a dedicated solution the web platform installer or a manual install will work if the sever has enough extra resources. On non-dedicated you will need to figure out hot setup a mysql database through your control panel/host. Once that is done it is mostly do a manual install by copying wordpress files over to a new folder. And then follow the rest of the install steps in the wordpress documentation.

If your hosting does not support either you may want to consider alternatives. Make sure you hosting supports hosting more than one database for your plan. If it does then consider BlogEngine.Net since you should already have .net running.
answered Jun 15, 2015 by mmcgeachy (5,045 points)