Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How do I remove fields from the Admin Order Page?

Running 9.5, I would like to modify the Admin console's ORDER.ASPX page to make it more applicable to our own use -- i.e. include just the fields that we use and eliminate the others that we don't need to see. 

I have already been able to make changes to some items, such as removing the "ID" column from the Ordered Products list, which was easy enough.  I have also been able to re-order items in the various boxes, so that I can put the CC details at the top of the "Payment Details" section.  This is all done by simply editing ORDER.ASPX in my Admin folder.

However, I would like to eliminate one or more fields from the display completely, in order to better display the order on a single screen and prevent the need for lots of scrolling.  Every time I attempt to remove a field, though, I get an error displaying the page.  For example, we do not (and will not) ever use Affiliates.  The affiliate ID is shown using this code:

<div class="row">
							<div class="col-md-3">
								<asp:Literal runat="server" Text="<%$Tokens:StringResource, admin.orderframe.AffiliateID %>" />
							</div>
							<div class="col-md-9">
								<asp:Literal ID="litAffiliateID" runat="server" />
							</div>
						</div>

I expected that if I just took out this block, the field and its header would not display, but the page only returns an error.  I get the same problem when I try to remove other fields, such as "Payment Gateway", which will always be the same for us. 

I have also tried adding 'visible="false" ' to the div markers, but the data still displays.  I cannot imagine that it takes a source code mod to simply hide a few fields.  Am I missing something basic?

asked Aug 20, 2015 in MultiStore by BtrieveBill (200 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

The problem with removing something like that just from the .aspx page is that something in the codebehind file (.aspx.cs) references.  In the example you gave, 'litAffiliateID' is referenced in the codebehind, so if you remove that Literal from the page you get a compile error because the codebehind is referencing a control that no longer exists.

Likewise with setting display: none or visible="false" - many of the elements are specifically shown/hidden by the codebehind file, so that attribute will end up being overridden when the page loads.

You can either:

• Remove references to any named controls that you axe on .aspx pages from the codebehind as well
  • Set visibility on 'parent' elements (where possible, that won't always work) so that even if something like litAffiliateID is set to visible in the codebehind, the element containing it is hidden and it won't show.
answered Aug 20, 2015 by Vortx ScottS (11,290 points)
selected Aug 20, 2015 by BtrieveBill
So the asnwer is "Yes, I was missing something basic."  Thanks.  Commenting the fields from the CS file indeed allow me to remove the fields from the display.