Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How can I add content to the new order notification receipt email?

Ok so I know that the notification.receipt.xml.config generates the receipt email that goes out to my customers and I've read about the ReceiptHTML being stored in my order table but I still can't figure out how to chang/add content to my receipt.

My receipt email has this text,

"Thank you for your order!

Your order has been submitted and this email serves as your receipt. Be sure to print this page and save it for your records.

You will be notified via email when your order has been processed along with your shipping tracking number. Your order and billing information is listed below."

And I want to add a customer loyalty coupon code and a "thank you" image in the HTML, possibly a mailchimp signup form and other promotional materials but I can't find this content anywhere. I have searched the stored procedures associated with the orders table, I have looked for triggers on the orders table, I have looked through the notification.receipt.xml.config and I can't find it anyhwere. 

Any tips?

asked Sep 23, 2015 in MultiStore by AceIndustriesInc (355 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
The receipt XmlPackage pulls in the contents of 2 topics 'out of the box' - ReceiptHeader & ReceiptFooter.  That content is probably coming from one of those.
answered Sep 23, 2015 by Vortx ScottS (13,240 points)
selected Sep 23, 2015 by AceIndustriesInc
So simple... THANKS