Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

IIS Web Garden / When enabling State Server for session storage, we get serialization errors

When I set ASP.NET to use StateServer

<sessionState cookieless="UseCookies" mode="StateServer" timeout="20"/>

Some pages error out because some of the ASPDNSF objects are not serializable:

SerializationException: Type 'AspDotNetStorefrontCore.KitProductData' in Assembly 'AspDotNetStorefrontCore, Version=9.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.]

I'm not sure if this is something specific to the customzations for our site or not. (I'm new to the project...)

Is there a patch or something I can apply to make the ASPDNSF objects serialzable?

My overal goal is to enable my site to run as a "Web Garden" (multiple worker processes) - on a machine with many cores. When I load test the machine now, it fails to go above 15-20% CPU, no matter how many requests I throw at it, it just queues them up, and they get slower and slower.

asked Jan 7, 2016 in MultiStore by jt55401 (110 points)
edited Jan 11, 2016 by jt55401
I honestly don't have many configs like this but checking version 9.4.0.0 full stock code (the version was hidden by the wrap). With also having the sessionState set to above with a application pool set to the maxiumum of two worker processes. I don't run this issue in my testing. So given that I would lean to a custmization causing the issue.

Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to answer this question.