Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Adding a button to order.aspx in Admin

I am adding a new button to order whichs links to an order editing form for handling short shipments. When I add the button in order.aspx ...

<asp:Button ID="btnEditOrderItems" CssClass="btn btn-primary" Text="Edit Order Items" runat="server" OnClick="btnEditOrderItems_click" />

along with the click event in order.aspx.cs ...

public void btnEditOrderItems_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // get order # from call parameter
            // redirect to kboOrderUpdate.aspx?ordernumber=xxxxxx
            // try to save return url for edit close button
            StringBuilder script = new StringBuilder();
            script.Append(String.Format("../KboOrderUpdate.aspx?ordernumber={0}&customerid={1}", OrderNumber, CurrentOrder.CustomerID));

Response.Redirect(script.ToString());
        }

I get the compiler error ...

ASP.kbomanager_order_aspx' does not contain a definition for 'btnEditOrderItems_click' and no extension method 'btnEditOrderItems_click' accepting a first argument of type 'ASP.kbomanager_order_aspx' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	

Is there some other place that  I need to add a reference? All the orther buttons on the order.aspx page are implemented identically. I'm at a loss.

Thanks

Abbott

closed with the note: I got the answer. It was my inabiltiy to control the shift key properly.
asked Jan 13, 2016 in MultiStore by AbbottF (350 points)
closed Jan 13, 2016 by AbbottF

1 Answer

0 votes
Looks like a casing issue.  btnEditOrderItems_click != btnEditOrderItems_Click
answered Jan 13, 2016 by Vortx ScottS (12,270 points)
Thanks. I really thought I copy - pasted the evet name between the aspx & aspx.cs.

Have a great day.