Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How to Set the Website's Search Engine Description, Keywords and Title for Homepage?

I cann't seem to be able to set the description, keywords for the website homepage. I enter text in the Search Engine Keywords, Search Engine Description and Title of the "hometopintro" topic. Reset cache, refresh the page, then view source code, nothing. It still says "enter your site description here" and "enter your site keywords here." I even tried refreshing and waiting but nothing shows. I thought it should work.

Any has done it before. Please share your experience.

Thanks,
asked Nov 4, 2013 in MultiStore by Pip (475 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

I don't know that that actually works for the homepage.  You could utilize the SE_MetaTitle Appconfig.

answered Nov 4, 2013 by cbright (400 points)
selected Nov 4, 2013 by Pip
you could search within your homepage.master template for these fields

<meta name="description" content="">
<meta name="keywords" content="">

<a href="/" title=""></a>

Perfect!

I search "SE_" in the app config and found SE_MetaDescription, SE_MetaKeywords, SE_MetaNoScript, and SE_MetaTitle.

I change the value and bingo!

Thanks a lot cbright.

@Skriver,

I did find that in the template.master, but it said "<%-- Leave the description and keyword content empty, it will get populated at runtime --%>". Same for title. That is why I don't use that. That means it's set at a differnt place which is in the App Config.

Thank anyway.
Problem we found is that we had unique app configs for four stores but when we upgraded to 9.3.1 the app configs were removed as part of the upgrade script. So we just decided to complete the metadata within the templates. Either way should work fine.
We are on 9.3.1.0. I assume you mean 9.3.1.1. That is good to know because we will be doing the update in the future.

Thanks