Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Response.Redirect one of our product pages to another site

I need to add a response.redirect to my site to redirect 3 of our product pages to a product page on another site.

Is there a way to do this in ASPDNSF without too much extra programming?  It would only be temporary.

We are on 9.4.2

Thanks.
asked Apr 5, 2016 in General by pennypatt (505 points)

4 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
answered Apr 7, 2016 by omairkha (585 points)
selected Apr 10, 2016 by pennypatt
Our developer agreed that this was the best way to go.  Thank you for your input.
0 votes

That's not something you'd want to do with code mods.  An IIS redirect is your best bet, which is something that your host or whoever manages your server should be able to take care of.

If they can't or won't, there's an addon available from one of our partners that will let you set up redirects like that without any dev work.

answered Apr 5, 2016 by Vortx ScottS (13,500 points)
0 votes
If the product something more programmatic of say for example a product mapping. Then you can edit showproduct.aspx.cs to do redirect also.
answered Apr 7, 2016 by mmcgeachy (5,025 points)
edited Apr 7, 2016 by mmcgeachy
0 votes
Simply add the meda tag below to the product description field from the admin screens. When a customer loads the product page they will be redirects to a different site.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.google.com">
answered Apr 8, 2016 by davidrichards (185 points)
I was not aware that this could be done at the admin screen level.  We have already set the redirects in the webconfig file, but I will try this option in our test account to see if it does what we need.  If so, it is something I would consider first if we needed to make this change again.

Thank you for your response.