Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException Errors in System Log

After upgrading to 9.3.1.0, we start to see System.Web.HttpUnhandledException errors in the system log. There are many of them every day. 

Does anyone have the same issue before? What could be the cause(s) of this error and what is the possible solution?

Thanks

asked Nov 6, 2013 in MultiStore by Pip (475 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hmm, what cart version were you upgrading from? What other information is being shown for the Unhandled Exception?
answered Nov 6, 2013 by jsimacek (6,885 points)

Was upgrading from 8.0.1.4. Oh, I forgot there is detail for the error. Here is what it says:

Page URL:/ProductReview.aspx 
Source:System.Web 
Message:Content controls have to be top-level controls in a content page or a nested master page that references a master page. 
Stack Trace: 
at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) 
at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() 
at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() 
at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() 
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 

Hmm, is the aspx and aspx.cs of that page latest? Seems like old? If it's the Admin page, shouldn't it be  productratings.aspx  instead of  productreview.aspx?
I just found out that it's the powerreviews files. I think it stops working after we upgraded to version 9.3.1.0.
OK, I would recommend contacting them or if needed, we could make that page compatible with MSx for you...
We just decided to stop using powerreviews and want to use the built-in rating system instead. Thanks jsimacek.