Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Are Gateway changes as easy as they look?

I am looking to change from PayPal Payments Pro to another CC comapny using Authorize.net as my gateway.  I have looked at the documentation and it appears to be quite simple.  My Question is.... Is it that simple?

I,m using v10 and of course it is a live site so down time must be kept to a minimum.
asked Aug 18, 2016 in General by Fuhrman (300 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Switching is pretty simple, yup.  Enter the credentials for the new gateway in the appropriate Settings, then switch the PaymentGateway setting over and you should be all set.

The only catch is you'll want to make sure you don't have any outstanding orders from the old gateway before you switch.  Any captures, refunds, etc that need to happen on the old gateway must be done before you make the switch, so you'll probably want to do this in an off time when you can take a little while to clean up pending orders and make the switch without worrying about a new order coming in in the meantime.
answered Aug 18, 2016 by Vortx ScottS (13,500 points)
selected Aug 24, 2016 by Fuhrman
It was quite simple.  Thank you