Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

After change in .cs page dll not updated.

Hello,

I am working on a web site (I have only web folder not total source code) where i need to create a new report just like "OrdersByDateRange" in Report section under admin. I updated two files -

Admin/report.aspx

Admin/report.aspx.cs

Just like "ordersbydaterange" option in dropdown, i added a new option "ordersbydaterangewithemails" and also added a new method for this in .aspx.cs page.

After successful build i checked that dll date not modified. Then i changed an exsisting method name like "BuildOrdersByDateRangeReport()" to "BuildOrdersByDateRangeReport1()", which is not exists in .aspx.cs page but it's not showing any error.

Can you help regarding this issue?
asked Sep 13, 2016 in MultiStore by somnath (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Assuming this is version 10, you'll need visual studio community edition or similar to modify the properties for those files in the web.csproj to enable them to be included when you build the web.dll.

Please check here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21134583/in-an-asp-net-website-with-a-codebehind-at-what-point-are-the-cs-files-compiled

If you don't have a solution file or web.csproj you can create a new solution, then add a new web application project, delete all the files it creates from the solution explorer, and add your Web folder into the Web project.

Following these directions should fix it for you:

To configure a page with CodeFile, ensure that all of the following are met:

• The page directive in your .aspx file has CodeFile="your.aspx.cs"
  • The properties of the .cs file in solution explorer have a build-action of content
  • The properties of the .designer.cs file in solution explorer have a build-action of none.
answered Oct 21, 2016 by Vortx-Duncan (780 points)