Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

What table/field search.aspx looks into ?

My boss asked me to make a small modification in the search.aspx.vb to allow it to look for specific terms (custom item codes) but for this I need to know in what table and field I have to stuck this data in. I believe that inserting these terms in the proper field will be enough to have it done.

I could make a lot of tests and dive deep in a crazy code research however I decided to ask first since I can bet that others already have done something alike.

Any input will be appreciated!

:)
asked Oct 4, 2016 in MultiStore by Yan Kleber (960 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Searches use the aspdnsf_GetProducts stored procedure, which looks at different fields depending on site config and the parameters passed to it.  That's where you'll want to look to either see which fields are being searched now, or add new ones to it.
answered Oct 4, 2016 by Vortx ScottS (13,280 points)
selected Oct 5, 2016 by Yan Kleber
Thank you very much, it helped a LOT!