Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Using aspdnsf_GetProducts result as parameters for a custom SP - possible?

We need to "enhance" the original search results page with some "extended" information that we have in a few custom tables. The idea is to use the productids returned by aspdnsf_GetProducts to join to our tables.

To do this I thought to run a for-each loop into the page.search.xml.config and concatenate the productids altogether. Then I'll use javascript to call a custom aspx script that runs my store procedure passing the concatenated string as parameter. Finally I will run a custom xml.config to render the client results.

My question is: am I overcomplicating it? There is a more simple way of doing it? Or the approach seems to be fine?

Of course the ideal scenario would be to include the call to my custom stored procedure in the header of the page.search.xml.config along with the other existent queries, but I am not sure if this is possible since the necessary parameters will come from the aspdnsf_GetProducts sp that runs basically at the same time... I am almost sure that it is not possible but decided to ask.

I hope that it all makes sense...
asked Oct 11, 2016 in MultiStore by Yan Kleber (905 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Why not just edit the sp aspdnsf_GetProducts to join to your tables and return all the results in one hit. You do seem to be over-complicating it.
answered Oct 11, 2016 by esedirect (375 points)
selected Oct 11, 2016 by Yan Kleber

Sometimes we just need that someone else just show us that we are not managing to look out of the box!

smiley

Perfect! Just neeeded to add 2 lines of code joining two of our custom tables! Thank you!

yes

PS: I am not a big fan of make changes in the original SF stored procedures but in this case it was really the best approach!