Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

On the v10 category listing, where is the number of columns controlled?

Further to my question of yesterday... I found the {store}/category page, but it's in three columns and I'd prefer four. Where do I change this? I've been hunting around in AppConfigs and the source code to no avail.
asked Dec 15, 2016 in MultiStore by Nathanael (425 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
That can be set at the category level in the admin console, by changing the 'Number of products across the page' setting on the Main tab.  There's also an AppConfig called Default_CategoryColWidth that sets the default value for new categories you add.
answered Dec 15, 2016 by Vortx ScottS (13,500 points)
selected Dec 15, 2016 by Nathanael
Where is this "Main tab" of which you speak? The only thing that looks like tabs in my admin console is the list along the left side, which has Dashboard, Products, Customers, Orders, Content, Marketing, and Reports, but no Main. Dashboard has no "Number of products across the page" setting.
Once again, never mind... I had tried changing Default_CategoryColWidth before I wrote this question, but nothing happened - but then I was doing something else and reset the cache, and suddenly I've got four columns. I'd forgotten about how clearing the cache is sort of magic.
When you're editing an entity or product, there are tabs along the top - Main, Description, Images, etc.  That's where you can set this per-entity, if you need to.