Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Image on Invoice edit xml file

I want to add the thumbnail image of each product ordered to the invoice.  Has anyone done this or can they point me in the right direction.  

Thanks

Scott
asked Feb 8 in MultiStore by BeanBunny (110 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The easiest way to do this would be to put the image in the ReceiptHeader topic (you can create it if you don't have it, with that exact name).  If that topic has anything in it, it displays at the top of the receipt.

You can also edit the receipt XML package directly (notification.receipt.xml.config on most sites) and add in the HTML for displaying the image wherever you want it.

Either way, make sure you use the full absolute URL to the image, and test in multiple mail clients to make sure it looks the way you want.  Getting images & other email contents to look the same across all/most mail clients can sometimes be a challenge.
answered Feb 10 by Vortx ScottS (13,280 points)
The image is being pulled from the database and changes for each product.  Would HTML still work for this - I think above would be for a logo or the same image every time but not sure.

Thanks

Scott

Woops, yeah totally misread that.

That's going to take more work.  The easist thing would be to use something similar to what's used to display images in product XML packages.  That varies by version, but in recent versions it'll look something like this:

<xsl:variable name="pImageLarge" select="aspdnsf:ProductImageUrl(ProductID, 
ImageFilenameOverride, SKU, 'large', 1)"/>

You'll have to modify the OrderItems query near the top of that package to return the ImageFilenameOverride value for products, since it's not in there by default.  Then you can just add a line similar to the above to wherever you want it in the package.  Make sure that last parameter is true, so you get the full URL.