Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How Do I Remove the Extra Submit Button from the Order Notes in v10

I would really like to remove the submit button from the order notes in v10 and just have them added to the order on the place order button click. I've tried a few things but can't seem to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
asked Feb 9 in MultiStore by awoomer (150 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
That would actually take a bit of work, and would require source code and a dev familiar with MVC.  

To start with, the contents of the order notes view would have to be moved into the checkout index view, and the form tag on the checkout page would have to be moved to also include that new content.  Then the properties from the OrderNotes view model would have to be moved into the CheckoutIndex view models, along with the logic for populating and saving them.  There'd be a little cleanup after that, but that would cover most of it.

We get asked about this fairly frequently so I've put in a request to look into changing that behavior OOB some time in the future.
answered Feb 10 by Vortx ScottS (10,690 points)
Thanks Scott, I tried moving some things around but couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll just have to wait for a patch. Thanks again.