Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Can I change the length (width) of SF search field?

Hi!

There is a way of control the length of the search field? I would like to expand it to fill the whole site width. I tried to set the 'width' property but it didn't change anything.

Here it is the tag I am referring to within the template.master file:

<aspdnsf:Search ID="ctrlSearch" runat="server" CssClass="search" SearchButtonCaption="Go"
                SearchCaption="<%$ Tokens: StringResource, common.cs.82 %>" SearchTextMinLength="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MinSearchStringLength %>"
                SearchTextMinLengthInvalidErrorMessage="<%$ Tokens: StringResource, search.aspx.2 %>"
                ValidateInputLength="true" ShowValidationMessageBox="true" ShowValidationSummary="false" />

smiley

Thanks!

asked Feb 16 in MultiStore by Yan Kleber (940 points)
Hi Yan, you can change the styles either by modifying the CSS class applied to this control, or applying CSS styles directly to this control.

Happy to Help

Amit

witzeek@gmail.com

1 Answer

0 votes
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.   I have v10 multistore no source code.
answered May 2 by vultureds (495 points)
You can change the styles either by modifying the CSS class applied to this control, or applying CSS styles directly to this control.

Happy to Help

Amit

witzeek@gmail.com