Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Paypal Express setup - Getting "Error: [10002] Security header is not valid" at checkout.

Hello,

I'm getting the following error during checkout and was wondering if anyone knows how to go about fixing this.

I only have Paypal Express (on aspdotnetstorefront version. 10.0.2)

"Error: [10002] Security header is not valid"

I logged in to my paypal and supplied the correct values for api password, login / key etc..

Also, i'm not using any other gateway.  It's already configured for SSL.  

Currently it's in test mode.   Was wondering if there is some special sandbox configuration i need.  The document didn't have any info on sandbox testing configs etc..

Please let me know.
asked Mar 29, 2017 in MultiStore by vultureds (495 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

That message comes back from PayPal, and almost always means the creds are just wrong.  Often that's a mismatch between live/test creds.  If the site's in test mode, you need test PayPal creds.  If it's in live mode, live creds.

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1030&actp=LIST

answered Mar 29, 2017 by Vortx ScottS (13,500 points)
selected Mar 29, 2017 by vultureds
Thanks this helped.   creds were wrong.