Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Can't delete shipping method invalid column name

I am running  a 9.5.1. store.  I am unable to delete shipping methods in shippingmethod.aspx or shippingmethodrealtime.aspx trhough the admin. It gives an invalid column name error.

I tracked the problem down to the line in the .cs files 'delete from ShippingWeightByZone where ShippingMethodID = @ShippingMethodId' there is no column 'ShippingMethodID' in the 'ShippingWeightByZone' table. commenting out the line seems to work. I am then able to delete shipping methods. I want to make sure that everything that should be getting deleted in the various tables is? Should I be replacing this line with something else? It seems like for our store the 'ShippingWeightByZone' table is empty but I wonder if this will have an impact if we were to change shipping methods later on?

I can't run a full checkout on my dev site so I just want to make sure there are no unforeseen consequences before trying it on our live site.

Thanks,

Matt

asked May 5 in MultiStore by Mden (300 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
The ShippingWeightByZone table does have a ShippingMethodID column 'out of the box'.  If you're missing that, then something has gotten weird in your database somehow.  I checked back in old versions and that column's been there for at least the last 10 years, so unless you recently upgraded from a seriously old version, it's not something that went wrong in the upgrade script, which is how folks usually end up with schema differences.

There's really no way to tell what might have caused your schema to be wrong.  The only thing I can recommend is running the create script on a new database to get a 'stock' copy, and then diffing the schema between that new DB and your current one to find and fix any other differences.
answered May 5 by Vortx ScottS (12,950 points)
Thanks for the responce.

Interesting. Well there are actaully a few reasons why the schema could be different. Our site is over 12 years old and has been upgraded multiple times. It is also part of a 3rd party integration and I know at one one point some customizations were made so it is also possible something happened there.

We are in the process of updgrading to Version 10 and our 3rd party integration is now partering with vortx. Checking the upgraded version 10 copy of our DB it looks like the ShippingMethodID column is not there either. I see the addition of a StoreID column. Should it be there in version 10?

Thanks.
Yup, that should be there in v10 as well.  The upgrade script wouldn't have added it though, so it would make sense that your upgraded DB doesn't have it if it was from an earlier version that was missing it.