Looking for old forum posts and information? View the old forum archive here ยป
Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

A static copy of our previous forums website is available online for reference. Click here to access the forum archive.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

how to work with cache in dotnetstorefront.caching

i want to ask a question that how AspDotNetStorefront.Caching project we could use in our project or what the use of its 

asked Apr 16 in MultiStore by Imran (110 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
That project is mostly used for caching of shipping method information (to save calling up to 4 realtime shipping rate services repeatedly) and checkout state info.  It could certainly be used for other things, but it's pretty darned complex.  Unless your caching needs to depend on state changes like that caching monitors (AppConfigs, database tables, customer info, etc) I'd suggest just sticking with normal server caching.
answered Apr 18 by Vortx ScottS (13,500 points)

I want to save some data on cache/memory to increase up the speed for a long time whether the application is restarted many time but my data should not be loss at any cost 

and offcourse AspDotNetStoreFront has given the library of AspDotNetStorefront.Caching 

and i m unable to use this libraray i want to use it and want a technical documentation of implementing this cache in my project 

Caching isn't going to prevent data from being lost during application restarts.  It can't, that's (almost) all kept in memory, which gets cleared during restarts.

If you need long-term, persistent, reliable storage, you need to be putting whatever you need to keep in the database, not the cache.