Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How do I temporarily turn off a website

I have a brick and morter store using Aspdotnetstorefront as our web site.  We are undergoing construction in the store and want to change the default page of our site to display an "under constrution" image but we also want to prevent customers from placing any orders.  What would be the best process to complete this?  I'm thinking of running a sql query like this:

UPDATE Product SET
Published = 0

to set all items to not published to prevent customers from being able to place orders.  Is this practical?  

And then how do I change the home page to just display an "under construction" image?

Thank you for any assistance/suggestions.

asked Jun 29 in MultiStore by jonathn6 (170 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Maintenace Mode sounds like a good fit for this situation. Just make sure to update the maintenace topic apportately. http://help.aspdotnetstorefront.com/manual/1000/default.aspx?pageid=maintenance_mode__temporarily_disabling_the_site is the manual page on maintenace mode for version 10.
answered Jun 29 by mmcgeachy (4,545 points)