Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Upcharge on real-time shipping rates?

I want to use real-time UPS shipping rates but I want to add 10% to the rate.

How do I do that?

Thanks,

David
asked Sep 21 in MultiStore by David G (470 points)

3 Answers

0 votes
AppConfig/Setting: RTShipping.MarkupPercent

If you ever need to mark it DOWN, you have to change the Value Type (in the Advanced Settings for the AppConfig) to String (it won't hurt anything). Then you can enter negative numbers.
answered Sep 21 by Vortx Erik (3,670 points)
0 votes
If you just want a strait percent markup and only use UPS for real time rates it is just a matter of setting the appconfig of RTShipping.MarkupPercent to 10.

If you use more than just USP for real time shipping (and don't want to markup the rates) or want to use gross profit percent formula you will need to customize the source code. Mostly modifying \ASPDNSFCore\ShippingCalculation\UseRealTimeRatesShippingCalculation.cs and/or \ASPDNSFCore\RTShipping.cs depending on your scope.

Hope that helps.
answered Sep 21 by mmcgeachy (4,525 points)
0 votes
Thanks all. I have it set.

Another question, is it possible to use real time rates for shipments within the United States but a differen shipping method for Canadian orders?
answered Sep 24 by David G (470 points)
Unfortunately this isn't currently supported :(

If you want to use real time rates and ship internationally, you will need to use a carrier that supports international shipments