Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Upload Question

I am uploading alot of products and at this time I'm not being given the Price or the SKU.  If I download the the entire list to excel using the Export feature and have the owner enter this information into the spreadsheet, could I upload the new updated spreadsheet using the import feature?  Will it just enter the information?  Just want to make sure before doing so.

Thank you for your time!

Danny
asked Dec 2, 2013 in MultiStore by dmitsios (145 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Danny -

If I understand the situation correctly, I do not believe the out-of-the box Excel export/import will work for you the way you are wanting.

When the import is processed, if the SKU matches it updates the product.  Otherwise, it creates a new product.  Since you don't have a SKU - I would expect it to create new product entries.

See the manual here:

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-958-excel-product-import.aspx

When an import file is processed, the software looks at each entry and compares it to existing products in the storefront. If the SKU of a product in the import file matches an existing product, that existing product is updated with the information from the new file. If there is no SKU match, then a new product is created with that information. 

Thanks,
Lori McDonald
Brilliance Business Solutions
http://www.brillianceweb.com/technologies/aspdotnetstorefront
AspDotNetStorefront Preferred Development Partner
answered Dec 2, 2013 by bbs_lmcdonald (2,330 points)
selected Dec 3, 2013 by Vortx Joe
0 votes
Lori is quite correct in her answer.

In addition, it will also attempt to match on name if the SKU does not exist.
answered Dec 3, 2013 by Vortx Joe (550 points)