Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Can I use an alternate template for a Topic?

My website is an e-commerce site, but I would like to start using AspDotNetStorefront to create new non-product Topics. The default template includes a sidebar I don't want to be displayed on these new pages.

I have created an alternate template without the sidebar but I am having trouble getting it to display on a new Topic.

I am familiar with the "TemplateSwitching.Enabled" AppConfig, but it appears to only apply to category, product pages, etc. as opposed to Topics. I tried creating a new AppConfig for a single Topic (using templatePAGENAME.aspx as the name and the template ASCX file as the value) but it didn't work either. I followed the directions in the AspDotNetStoreFront manual.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

asked Dec 19, 2013 in MultiStore by davguz01 (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi David,

What version of ASPDNSF are you running? You are posting in MultiStore, but mentioned ASCX template file - which suggests you are using a pre 9 version. 

Would you like to change the template for all Topics, or only a select set?

There are a few ways you can achive template switching for topics. One way is to override the template from the page's code behind. In this instance, driver.aspx.cs (responsible for topic pages).         

protected override string OverrideTemplate()
        {
            return "templatename.extension";
        }

Please take caution to test on a development site first, before updating your production site.

Sincerely,
Robert

answered Dec 19, 2013 by Robert (3,440 points)