Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

Discounting options

I wish to discount: "Buy one get two free". The highest priced item is the one that is purchased while the other two are free. All three items must be a specific category of merchandise.

Can this be done, and if not, what options do I have?

thank you.
asked Feb 3, 2014 in MultiStore by swanzey (110 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
I can't find a way to do this through promotions. You can add category REQUIREMENTS, but not a discount for additional products.

(once again) I would say create a script that will give you upsell products. But, this still doesn't give you what you want.

With upsell products, you can say, if you buy this product, you get this product for 100% discount. (or these two products)

Sorry...that's all I got.
answered Feb 5, 2014 by Mikecali (1,525 points)
0 votes

There's not a great way to do this, but you can get close.  I'm not sure what version you're on, but this is for 9.3.1.1 +

1. Start a new promotion
  2. Under "Setup Promo Discount", select the Gift with Purchase button, and find your free item, putting discount percentage to 100
  3. Under "Enable Product Requirement", find your highest-priced item and set require:All, Quantity:1
  4. Set the "Enable Category Requirement"
  5. You've now got buy one Product-A get free Product-B set up.
  7. This is the part I haven't tried: Make a new promotion with the Product requirements to have both Product-A and Product-B in the cart and set a minimum cart amount, and the Gift With Purchase to be another Product-B, and the category requirement in place as well.

You can set these to auto-applied or require a code, and you'll want to test this with multiple quantities and other products in the cart, and other promos.  You can try playing with priority to prevent them from being added with other promos. http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-1581-promotions.aspx 

Hope that helps get you started.

answered Feb 5, 2014 by Vortx-Duncan (780 points)