Welcome to Vortx Community Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the staff at Vortx and other members of the community.

If you had a user account on our previous forums website, you will need to register a new account here.

Learn more about...

AspDotNetStorefront
DotFeed

How can I charge for ground shipping to Canada, but keep ground in the US free?

I have my shipping settings set to "use real time rates". I currently have FedEx ground shipping set to free. Somehow customers in Canada are able to get free shipping as well. How can I change this so they get charged proper shipping fee's.
asked Feb 13, 2014 in MultiStore by Chris81010 (110 points)

3 Answers

0 votes
Chris -

Have you tried using a promotion for the free shipping and setting a Promotion Requirement of a Shipping Country Requirement = United States?

You would need to turn off your current Free Shipping (I am assuming you have this setup via AppConfigs) and setup the promotion instead. The free shipping promotion also enables you to select specific shipping methods and a discount amount (100% off of shipping is what I think you want, but you could also discount shipping by a fixed dollar amount).

I am not sure how the discount will be displayed to the user during checkout without testing it out, but this may be an option worth trying out.

Lori McDonald

Brilliance Business Solutions
AspDotNetStorefront Preferred Development Partner
answered Feb 20, 2014 by bbs_lmcdonald (2,330 points)
0 votes
Please mention the shipping type and Shipping vendor (e.g. UPS,FEDEX etc)
answered Feb 20, 2014 by anirban (1,350 points)
0 votes
Guys, we have a plugin just for this: http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-174-free-shipping-by-location-for-aspdotnetstorefront.aspx

Basically, Ground is considered a valid shipping method to Canada with UPS/FedEx etc, so this modification is needed because it will exclude anything outside of US from being free.

This add-on also allows you to exclude certain states from free shipping like Hawaii and Alaska...

Many of our clients have this...it's a must!
answered Feb 20, 2014 by jsimacek (6,825 points)